Monday, June 20, 2011

Day 22

June 13, 2011

Today I took a rest day at Mackerricher State Park. I felt energized and didn't really feel like I needed a rest day, but I figured I would just stick to the schedule and take the day off. It was a nice day. I went to Fort Bragg, 3 miles away, took care of some business and then spent the evening at the campground with fellow cyclists.

Chris and Betsy, whom I met yesterday, had already left when I woke up at 8. The people who ride north along the pacific coast tend to leave ridiculously early (5:30am) to avoid the southward wind that kicks up later in the day. So I just took my time this morning, called my sister Sarah, and then went to Fort Bragg.

The ride to Fort Bragg followed an abandoned fire road and passed along the beach, which is called Glass Beach. Fort Bragg was a pretty nice town. I stopped at the Fort Bragg Cyclery to buy a tube and to bring my tires up to a better pressure. The building it was in is just a little mall with the bike shop, coffee shop, some gift stores, etc. So I went over to the coffee shop for an Americano and used their internet for several hours. Facebook, blog, etc.

Around 2:00 I went over to the North Coast Brewery for lunch and a sampler. Lunch was a very delicious burger and I had 4 tiny glasses of some of their beers . I got the Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout which was my favorite. Very delicious. I also had their Acme IPA, Old Stock Ale, and a cask-treated amber ale. All very tasty.

I headed back to the campground and met Ben, K.C., and *Nameless Guy*. Pretty quiet evening, but nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment